RightDog Content Guidelines
Updated: November 5, 2022
RightDog is a place where we can share our experiences with the dogs we’ve owned and worked with, and the dog products, techniques and practices we've used for specific health and behavioral conditions and concerns.
We encourage you to be honest and frank in your content. However, a successful online community is based on respect and compassion. We may not always share the same opinions but it’s important that we maintain a positive online environment. The moral principle of the “Golden Rule” is actually a great, fundamental standard not just for daily life, but also for online communities – “Treat others as you would like to be treated.”
Here are some guidelines that apply to all content you post on RightDog, including text, links, images and videos. Be sure to check periodically for updates to these guidelines as our community grows. These guidelines are in addition to, and not a substitution of, the Terms of Services. To the extent of any inconsistency between these guidelines and the Terms of Service, these guidelines shall be interpreted in a manner that bolsters the conditions and restrictions contained in the Terms of Service.
- Only submit ratings and recommendations that are based on your actual personal experience.
- Focus on the facts. When you are reviewing a product, technique or practice, share details about why it was, or was not, effective for the specific condition or concern you are rating it for.
- Respect others' opinions. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if it is different from yours.
- Express negative opinions without supporting facts.
- Insult, harass, verbally attack, or threaten others.
- Use the site to vent, disparage, or flame another person, organization, or entity.
- Use the site to share rumors or secondhand stories from others.
- Use crude or vulgar language.
- Post or link to content that is obscene, defamatory, libelous, or otherwise objectionable.
- Make statements about illegal activity, professional malpractice, or health code violations.
- Post content that isn’t yours without permission.
- Engage in, link to, or promote illegal activities or content.
- Post personal information about someone else unless it’s approved by them.
- Post a fake review.
- Post a review for which you have been compensated financially or with free products without disclosing that fact (e.g., “Acme gave me this product to try”; “I am an employee of Acme.”).
- Solicit, compensate, or offer to compensate users of the RightDog website and services to write positive or negative reviews.
RightDog does not edit community content, but we retain the right to remove any content that we deem inappropriate. Violations of these guidelines may result in a warning or in suspension or deactivation of your RightDog member account and all content associated with it.